IRepCamer’s “It Takes TeN”: FAB CAMER (FASHION) BLOGGERS & PUBLISHERS!!
Kicking off a brand new feature. IRepCamer’s”It Takes TeN” with Fabulous Camer (Fashion) Bloggers & Publishers
10 Questions, 11 Amazing Ladies representin’ Camer on the www…Let’s go!
Simply Cyn aka Addicted2 Etsy
1) Your Names? Cynthia A.
Alison’s Let’s Talk Fashion
1) Your Names? Muke Metuge Ndando Alison
2) Location? Windsor, Canada
3) When did you start blogging? I started blogging in March 2013
4) 2 line version of the story behind the blog name? Well the name of my blog is Alison’s Let’s talk fashion. And I named it that way coz my main aim of starting my blog was to give fashion advice and tips on how to dress and be fashion forward. Lol sorry I went over the 2 line requirement.
5) Your Style in 3 words? Wow it is not easy to describe my style in 3 words coz it always changes according to my mood and the occasion. But I will say Urban chic, classy and versatile
6) 3 Fav colours for Spring/Summer 2013? Awww this is easy Coral orange, Neon green / bluish green and monochrome (Black and white). Love love loveeee!!!
7) 3 Best online stores? Sincerely, I don’t shop online a lot. But I will say Boohoo, Misguided and Zara. They are always current on trends and are very affordable
8) Fav Outfit by a Cameroonian Designer? Ermm! Woow!. Well I don’t really have a lot of African wears and all those I have were designed by me. And since I am not officially a Designer yet! I don’t know if call myself. The dress below was designed by me but Sewn by my friend, fashion designer and C.E.O of Afroshic – Reneta Ndisang. Please check out her designers on her fb page- Afroshic. Trust me, she is really good. I will also be launching my line sometime this here so stay tuned to my blog and fb page
9) Few words for up and coming Cameroonian designers? All I can say is, be true to your brand, try to make unique, quality and affordable designs. Most importantly, design clothes that people can actually wear coz some designers design clothes are only good for the runway.
1) Your Names? Sandra Kemayou
Can Never Be a Skinny Bi**h
1) Your Names? Brenda Chuinkam
2) Location? Toronto,Canada
3) When did you start blogging? 2011 but actively started in 2012
4) 2 line version of the story behind the blog name? I struggled with my weight throughout my teenage years and was obese…then I did a bunch of diets (some of them bad) and got way too skinny and the weight just crept back on…so I discovered that my body will never permit me to be skinny!(and that’s the short version) haha.z
5) Your Style in 3 words? COLOUR MEETS PRINT
6) 3 Fav colours for Spring/Summer 2013? White, gold, green.
7) 3 Best online stores? asos,boohoo,luulus,forever21,zara,topshop,aldo
8) Fav Outfit by a Cameroonian Designer? My Kente Skirt by Toronto-based designer;Zeena Kay
9) Few words for up and coming Cameroonian designers? Hmm, I say try and promote yourself more. We never know about designers because I find that they don’t have websites or blogs or Facebook Fan pages…
10) Advice/tips for new fashion bloggers? I have a lot but I’ll just say take clear photos-if you wouldn’t like to see it on someone else’s blog, why put it on yours?
Enter My Closet
1) Your Names?Marion Kang
2) Location? Maryland, USA
3) When did you start blogging?I started blogging in May of 2008.
4) 2 line version of the story behind the blog name? I started blogging right after the birth of my baby, I was having a hard time coming up with a name. I had several discussions with friends including my husband and I finally came up with the name Enter My Closet. It incorporates my style and others that inspire my style.
5) Your Style in 3 words? Simple, Classy, Chic
6) 3 Fav colours for Spring/Summer 2013? yellow, blue, red
7) 3 Best online stores? fashion fix section of saks.com, bluefly.com and Zara.com
8) Fav Outfit by a Cameroonian Designer? A yellow jumpsuit made by my Cameroonian friend/sister of Zeena Kay designs. Based in Canada.
9) Few words for up and coming Cameroonian designers? Follow your heart and let your work speak for itself.
10) Advice/tips for new fashion bloggers? I was unsure of what advise to give lol. Ultimately you have to love fashion. You vision on what is fashionable or your fashion discussions or topics may not be embraced by everyone but don’t give up. Keep doing what you love and do research that will draw your current followers and future followers to your blog.
1) Your Names? Adeline Sede Kamga
2) Location? Birmingham United Kingdom
3) When did you start blogging? 04/2010
4) 2 line version of the story behind the blog name? African and fabulous. Even when something African isn’t fabulous, we bring in innovation and suggest recommendations
5) Your Style in 3 words? Comfortable, identifiable, edgy!
6) 3 Fav colours for Spring/Summer 2013? Orange, royal blue and green
7) 3 Best online stores? lazoto cameroon, next online, myasho.com
8) Fav Outfit by a Cameroonian Designer? I love Kibonen NY. She blends tradition and contemporary fashion to create a unique style.
9) Few words for up and coming Cameroonian designers? Finishes!!!! Please work on your finishes and pricing should be moderate. If you are not internationally known, don’t try to sell like an international best seller
10) Advice/tips for new fashion bloggers? Ask for image permission before you publish please. People spend money to put a creative shoot together. Make sure it is your shoot or it is credited! It is alright to content share, especially if you are doing it for the right reason! Encourage your fellow bloggers, there is enough room for everyone!
Dulce Camer + Fah-shyon
1) Your Names? Cynthia Anduhtabe
2) Location? London, England
3) When did you start blogging? I started blogging in 2008.
4) 2 line version of the story behind the blog name? I have 2 blogs; “Dulce Camer” represents 2 of my passions – languages and Cameroon. It literally translates as “Sweet Cameroon” in Spanish.
My other blog “Fah-schyon” – is who I am everyday! I am very much driven and excited by the creativity and talents in the African fashion industry especially and I love love love fashion!
5) Your Style in 3 words? Colour, Colour, Colour!!!
6) 3 Fav colours for Spring/Summer 2013? Royal blue, Orange and Teal
7) 3 Best online stores? I don’t have favourite online spots I shop at. I am an ardent net surfer and love shopping on lots of different sites from across the world!!
8) Fav Outfit by a Cameroonian Designer? My favourite piece by a Cameroonian designer at the moment is my “Saville Row” dress from the Spring/Summer “Vigour” collection By Liiber London; a label ran by Anrette Ngafor and Ade Akinyele. The dress is gorgeously made and the fabric and style is so delicate yet feminine and uber stylish!! I feel exquisite wearing it.
Glow by Monat’s Blog
6) 3 Fav colours for Spring/Summer 2013?
7) 3 Best online stores?
TT (Tina Monique) L and AT (Atem) R.Thanks for having us Yefon!
1) Your Names? Ruth Tembe-Epie
5) Your Style in 3 words? Classy yet sexy.
6) 3 Fav colours for Spring/Summer 2013? Yellow, Violet and Red.
7) 3 Best online stores? dx.com – for electronic gadgets. Amazon.com – for books Brandalley.com and many others for fashionable clothing.
8) Fav Outfit by a Cameroonian Designer? VA by Virginie Ayissi catches my breathe every time. She fuses fine leather and satin with other fabrics to give you an edgy look which will make everything in a room pause as soon as you get in. I will wear her designs in all seasons.
9) Few words for up and coming Cameroonian designers? Be original, be edgy, be different that’s how the world notices you. Think Glamour and Elegance when creating those outfits …with a Cameroonian touch of course!
10) Advice/tips for new (fashion) bloggers? Not easy at all, you must love fashion, style and all things chic , basically, you must have an eye for what is fashionable and what is not. You must have the resources needed – (time, money for research and energy) to run a good blog or E-zine or website. Be mindful of your target group and give them just what they want. Lastly you must persist if you want to grow.
Yenih’s World Yenih’s Bliss
1) Your Names? Yenih Stephanie Ngwabo
Thanks so much for letting me do this.I had so much fun. Team #237
This a good one for up and coming Camer Designers..The message: Promote Yourself, Quality is Key, Customer Focus, Set the Trend, Be creative, Be original, Make your products Available.
Thumbs up Ladies and thank you for keeping the green red yellow flag high on the www. Now that you know more about your Camer Bloggers & Publishers….Get BlogLovin’
June 12, 2013
nice list…keep representing us..kudos!! Merline 🙂
June 13, 2013
aww thanks Yefon for the feature, i didn't know there were this many Camer fashion blogger#SINCERELY, only knew about Brenda Chuinkam and we try our best to support each other. very lovely post, learnt a lot and i am definitely going to follow each and everyone of the bloggers. xoxo
June 13, 2013
Thanks for stopping by ladies!@ Muke…glad you learnt about more bloggers!And there are still more out there…to be known..lol!We need to support each others!
June 14, 2013
Thanks so much for the feature Yef and also for your constant support. Let's keep supporting one another.
June 14, 2013
Thanks for the feature YM. It's a beautiful post!! Ladies, I checked out all your blogs and I must say Y'all are so amazing at what u do!!..Kudos!! I agree with y'all, supporting each other!!
June 28, 2013
Whoop whoop! Finally found the feature!
Thank you Yefon 🙂
August 2, 2013
Woauh i just discovered this blog (from Brenda's blog) and i'm absolutely in love with the idea!! i never knew there were that many Cameroonian fashion bloggers!!! i'm a cameroonian blogger too but hair care is my thing not fashion lol and i actually write in french! i'm following all of u! i'm actually writing a post with all cameroonian blogger u can find on the web and finding this bloge helps me a lot!!!
Hello from Cameroon!
August 4, 2013
Hello Jooryn….Thanks for the compliment!I checked out your blog..Definitely love!Looking forward to the feature…We need to support each other!!
February 24, 2014
I rep Camer is seriously repping!
I learn of a new blogger everyday. You have tentacles in networking lol!
April 13, 2014
Huummm i hope i'll be in the next list (lol) Thank for the networking is good to know that we have representative sisters around the orld http://www.leelipopart.blogspot.com
April 13, 2014
Great post Yef..and to all my sisters..Kudos..keep up the good spirit!!!
April 13, 2014
Thanks Ladies..Networking and support is key. @Leila… Publishing the second post soon.You will definitely be on the 3rd one.. I love your blog!!!
April 18, 2014
good job. I did not know about them, now I know and that make more proud of being somehow a part of this 😉
April 18, 2014
Wow Aris. Thanks a lot for stopping by. Your blog is my discovery for the day!! Stay tuned for Edition 2 to be published shortly. You will definitely be on the 3rd feature. I love your blog!
May 10, 2014
May 29, 2014
Very nice posting on bloggers from Cameroon!
June 10, 2014
I love this blog and hope to be the one zou present in next time. Keep it up lady!
February 18, 2015
Hey! Quick question that's totally off topic. Do you know how to
make your site mobile friendly? My web site looks weird when browsing from my iphone4.
I'm trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to correct this issue.
If you have any suggestions, please share. Cheers!
Also visit my site: Basement Windows
March 6, 2015
Hi I am so grateful I found your site, I really found
you by error, while I was looking on Aol for something else,
Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a fantastic post
and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't
have time to read through it all at the moment but I
have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time
I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.
Also visit my web site … paulmore land