Hello people…Today’s Recipe of the week is Plantain Puff Puff!
Plantain Puff Puff by Chef Kewan has been trending on Facebook.
Here are the prep details…
- 2 Overripe Plantains
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon(
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- Combine dry ingredients in a big bowl(flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon)
- Peel plantains, cut into small pieces and thrust into a blender
- Add water and blend into a paste
- Pour the plantain puree into the dry ingredients and mix to have a homogenous mixture
- Bring oil to heat
- Scoop spoonfuls and fry till it turns brown
- Remove and serve hot!
If you decide to use yeast as a leavening agent, then you have to keep it to rise for at least 20 minutes before frying.
Watch our Food & Healthy Lifestyle blogger, Aunty Zee of Shape Up Africa’s SUPA cooking class….
Kewan is wife and mom who is passionate about cooking delicious meals. She blogs about food, faith, nutrition, motherhood and more at https://www.kewanblogs.com/
Thank you Kewan (& Aunty Zee) for this week’s treat!
Plantain puff puff anyone??
Keep Reppin’ 237